Join the Yoni Bliss tribe and we'll send you a free e-book - "13 Ways to Discover the Superpowers of Your Vagina"
1. The Sanskrit word for the entire female genitalia and reproductive system – vulva, uterus, vagina, cervix, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
2. Translates to: source of all life / sacred space / divine passage
3. Place of birth, origin, source, spring, fountain, abode, home
1. The act or process of making a map (maybe of unchartered territory)
2. A representation of the features of an area
3. To sketch or plan out
1. A treatment that helps someone feel better, grow stronger, etc
2. Something with a healing power or quality (ie. the therapy of fresh air)
3. Any act, task, program etc, that relieves tension
Do you want to embrace a new level of self-love?
Would you like to feel expansive aliveness in your hips and pelvis?
Are you ready to nurture the connection between
your mind, heart and body?
What is ‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’?
‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’ is a pelvic wellness modality for women developed by Bonnie Bliss, offered only by women.
It is a gentle and respectful ‘guided tour’ of your most mysterious region – the incredible female pelvis.
In 2017, we held a 6 month long practitioner training for a group of 25 practitioners from all over the world, who are now fully trained in The Bliss Method of Yoni Mapping Therapy.
‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’ is registered with the International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) and certified Yoni Mapping Therapists have successfully completed a rigorous and intensive training course and abide by an ethical Code of Conduct.
“Every woman deserves a yoni mapping session…and in my humble opinion, EVERY woman would benefit from it!
I found myself taking a curiosity in this work about 6 months ago – but I was quite frankly terrified and didn’t think I could ever be brave enough to ‘go there’. When they say ‘face the fear and do it anyway’ – this was definitely one of those moments for me!
My Yoni Mapping Therapist guided me through my trauma with such care, grace and absolute honouring. It was fascinating to feel parts of myself that I had NEVER ever felt. I can’t really put in to words what transpired… Except that it was one of the most profound and deeply healing experiences of my life!
This work is absolutely essential, I cannot recommend it enough – Even if it is just to get to know your own yoni better. For me, it was life changing in the best possible way”.Sue-Ellen
Give Yourself the Space to Feel
’Yoni’ is the Sanskrit word for vagina, meaning ‘sacred space’. The vagina is indeed a sacred space, it is literally the place from which human life is birthed!
Yet many of us don’t exactly love and honour our vaginas. When we aren’t judging our Yoni for how it measures up to the airbrushed and photoshopped standards we see in porn, we are often either pushing for a quick pleasure peak or allowing ourselves to be penetrated without feeling totally ready.
Yoni Mapping Therapy gives you an opportunity to discover the potential of your Yoni, and to come to a place of wholeness, love, respect and honouring for yourself – getting to know yourself on a deeper level.
It is a holistic modality that embraces all aspects of the self: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual and sexual.
Even though we sometimes work quite specifically, there’s nothing we are trying to change or fix, no place to get to, and no pushing or forcing. Yoni Mapping sessions are about being present with whatever is arising, without judging it or labelling it as ‘good’ or ‘bad’. We’re just exploring and learning about YOUR unique body and pelvic space.
All of you is welcome and accepted – whatever that looks like!
What happens in a Yoni Mapping Therapy session?
Initial Yoni Mapping Therapy sessions are always 3 hours long and are a combination of:
- Coaching / Talk Therapy and initial consultation – we sit down and have an informal chat about what’s going on for you. There’s space to share ANYTHING that feels important – all of you is welcome! We’ll ask you to fill in a detailed intake form about your medical history and past experiences.
- Education related to pelvic wellness, pleasure, anatomy etc – we support you to fill relevant gaps as much as we can.
- Home-Play – Learning specific practices to take home to deepen your connection with your body and your Yoni.
- Nurturing whole body massage – relaxing bodywork to arrive fully in the body and open yourself to receive.
- Therapeutic abdominal & pelvic massage – releasing tension and congestion in the belly and pelvis, bringing more blood flow, relaxation and sensitivity.
- Gentle external and internal vaginal massage and mapping
If you feel comfortable to proceed (consent is a big part of this work!) We work gently externally and internally to release tension and restore blood flow, sensitivity and awareness.
You are oriented to your internal pelvic landscape – we are in communication the whole time, following physical sensation and emotions that arise as different areas are touched and massaged.
We navigate through your Yoni, exploring areas of numbness, restriction, disconnection and muscle tension. Together, we literally create a map of your innermost world – discovering what feels tight, what feels relaxed, what feels good, where certain emotions might arise, how your internal pelvic sensitivity is, and more.
Afterwards, most women feel more aliveness and sensation in the pelvis, a deeper connection with their body and newfound sense of respect for their vagina. Every session is completely different because every woman is unique.
What are the benefits of this modality?
There are some common themes that women choose to explore in sessions that Yoni Mapping Therapy may address.
Almost any woman can benefit from a session in some way.
Note: we cannot promise that we can resolve any medical condition, and Yoni Mapping Therapy does not in any way claim to replace appropriate medical support or mental health care. Yoni Mapping Therapy is not a trauma healing modality.
Maybe there’s something physical you’d like to work with?
- Relaxing pelvic tension and helping to relieve pain
- Restoring awareness to areas of numbness internally
- Supporting muscle engagement and balance
- Healing from an operation in the pelvic / abdominal area (scar tissue remediation)
- Supporting pelvic organ balance & alignment
What if it’s more of an emotional thing?
- Having a respectful experience of your body after sexual trauma from past experiences of abuse / violation
- Addressing shame or guilt in relation to sex / your vagina
- Desiring to feel more connected to the Yoni / pelvis
- Moving towards healing emotionally from an operation / abortion / miscarriage
- Receiving nurturing touch without a specific goal
- Creating space for old emotions related to past experiences to be felt
Or maybe you’d like to go deeper with self-care and self-nurturing?
- Exploring another level of self-care and self-nurturing
- Learning specific practices for pelvic wellness
- Creating a more loving connection with your Yoni
- Feeling clearer in your body awareness and boundaries
Or you just want to learn some stuff in an experiential way?
- Getting to know your way around this part of your body
- Just feeling curious to learn more and discover different parts of your body
- Having an embodied experience of all the sensations in your pelvic space
Maybe it’s about S-E-X?
- Navigating ways to address painful or uncomfortable sex
- Moving through libido challenges
- Opening to different ways to explore pleasure with a partner
- Releasing old habits of self pleasuring that aren’t serving you (ie. Relying on a vibrator to reach orgasm every time)
- Finding out what’s possible in terms of pleasure beyond the clitoris
- You’re wanting to feel more confident in the bedroom
Maybe you’re transitioning into a certain life phase?
- Support in the transition to menopause
- Support in your fertility journey
- Ending a long term relationship and rediscovering your body again
Have you recently had a baby?
- Reconnecting to the vagina and pelvis when things feel different after birth
- Scar tissue remediation for episiotomy / C-section / natural tearing
- Feeling held and acknowledged in your birth experience
- Making friends with your vagina again if the birth didn’t go as planned
- Supporting emotional and physical healing after a difficult birth
Or maybe you’re pregnant?
- Preparing your body for birth physically – relaxing, creating space
- Working specifically with internal areas that will support birth
- Learning tools to take home for preparing your pelvis for birth
- Letting go of old emotional tension / stories before birth
“Yoni Mapping is like having your vagina made known to you. It’s like having a woman guide you to know how f**king amazing (and worth worshipping) your Yoni area is.
So this is what my Yoni Mapping Therapist did with me, and I discovered a whole new me. A side of my body I never knew. A gentle side. A receptive side. Aside that ‘knew’, that held all body information if I dared to ask the questions. WOW.”Jacinta
How do women feel after a Yoni Mapping Therapy session?
Every session is different, as every woman is different.
However, after receiving Yoni Mapping, clients often have similar things to say:
“I feel like all women need to experience this!”
“I was so nervous before but it felt so natural and normal…”
“I had no idea all that was inside of me, that it’s all part of me… ”
“I feel so connected to my body!”
“I’m feeling all these sensations that I’ve never felt before.”
“OMG… Can you teach this to my partner!?”
“It’s like my vagina and I are friends now.”
Having said that, it’s important not to have expectations of a session and be open to see what arises for you personally. Everyone has their own unique experience – and it’s also normal to feel a little emotional or tender afterwards – we often have so many past experiences that affect our relationship with our pelvic area.
How much does Yoni Mapping Therapy Cost?
Initial Yoni Mapping sessions are always 3 hours long (sometimes a little more). The cost will vary from practitioner to practitioner and country to country. Please check the price on the booking page of each practitioner under the Find a Therapist tab.
Things to be aware of related to pricing:
Each practitioner is legally obliged to set their own price based on what they feel is appropriate for this service and their particular situation. Keep in mind that the session protocol is the same and all therapists have received the same training in Yoni Mapping Therapy, although some therapists also have other compatible areas of expertise.
This modality is highly specialised and the training was extensive and therefore costly. It takes a practitioner about 5 hours total to facilitate a session as there are many things to take care of both before and after the session itself. Most practitioners are only able to offer a few sessions a week – this work is not something we could do “full time” as it is so time consuming and involved – so please be aware of this when looking at prices.
A fair price would be a similar amount to 3 hours of high quality bodywork in your local area.
Yoni Mapping Journey – Package of 3 Sessions
It’s powerful to work with Yoni Mapping over a few sessions – a fascinating journey for for both client and practitioner.
In order to encourage clients to return and continue their exploration, many practitioners will happily offer you a 3 session package price for upfront purchase either before or after your first session. Ask your practitioner for details about this option.
Frequently Asked Questions…
I’m Really Nervous… Is That Normal?
Yes – most of our clients will feel some nerves before a session, which is totally natural. Usually afterwards they’ll be surprised how ‘normal’ and natural the whole thing felt.
We are really focused on creating a safe and comfortable space for the sessions and making it feel fun and interesting. NOTHING is forced or pressured, and you are empowered to set your own boundaries in the session.
We work with informed consent and clear communication throughout and you are fully respected in the experience. Please do contact your local practitioner if you’d like to have a short phone chat about it to see if it feels right for you.
Will Yoni Mapping Therapy Solve My Health Issue?
We do not (and cannot) claim that Yoni Mapping Therapy treats, prevents or cures any medical or psychological ailment.
All clients have different experiences from their sessions. Many of our clients have experienced Yoni Mapping Therapy as being beneficial for their overall wellbeing. Many clients have also experienced a marked improvement in or resolution of their specific issue.
Many clients do report that they have noticed improvements or feeling more empowered in areas such as mental health, emotional healing from past experiences, energy levels, libido, body image, stress levels, body connection, intimacy with a partner, awareness of pleasure, motivation for self care and capacity to assert clear boundaries around their body and sexuality.
Having said that, Yoni Mapping Therapy is not about ‘solving’ or ‘fixing’ anything, it’s about connecting with your body.
“Once you approach your body as a relationship to discover rather than a problem to fix, you start thinking in a whole new way.” – Jena La Flamme
Who Is This Modality Not Appropriate For?
Yoni Mapping Therapy is not currently right for you if:
- you are in the FIRST trimester of pregnancy – we work with clients after 12 weeks.
- you are pregnant and have a history of miscarriage or premature birth – just to be on the extra safe side!
- you have JUST given birth recently – please wait until at least 6 weeks postpartum before a session.
- You have JUST had an operation in the abdominal or pelvic area – please wait at least 6 weeks before a session to give your body a chance to heal.
- You are CURRENTLY in a state of trauma – this modality is not beneficial if you are in a distressed and unstable mental state. Please seek appropriate support if this is the case. We recommend seeing a psychologist, psychotherapist or body-based trauma therapist.
- You are under the age of 18 – we are unable to offer sessions to those under 18.
Is It Safe For Pregnant Women?
Yes, if it’s safe to have sex, then it’s safe to have a gentle pelvic massage (although we don’t work with women who have a history of premature birth or miscarriage – just to be sure!). Sex can press on the cervix quite consistently, and in this bodywork for pregnant women we don’t focus on the cervix at all.
The way we work with pregnant women is SO soft and gentle – there’s nothing sudden or intense in any way. The internal pelvic work is intentionally slow and relaxing and we don’t press anywhere near the baby. We have cushions to raise your body so you’re comfortable.
Massage is a great way to prepare for the birth, especially stretching around the perineum to make space for the baby and prevent the likelihood of tearing or episiotomy – which is something that many midwives and birth workers do! We also work specifically with internal ligaments that can have a positive impact on the babies passage through the birth canal.
How Many Sessions Do I Need? How Far Between Sessions Should I Book?
Many clients just come for one session – and one session alone can be very beneficial. However, coming for follow up sessions is an amazing experience because you get to see progress over time, taking home the practices to do as homeplay and moving through different processes in the sessions.
If you do choose to have more than 1 session, we recommend scheduling sessions 3- 6 weeks apart for maximum benefit.
Talk with your practitioner about her availability.
What If I Get My Period Before The Session?
Try to schedule your session at a time when you’re unlikely to have your period, it’s much more comfortable that way.
However, if it does happen that you begin menstruating not long before a session, please contact your practitioner personally to see what her particular policy is on this.
I’m Not Into Spiritual Woo Woo Stuff…Is This For Me?
Haha, don’t worry! Even though it seems pretty out there, Yoni Mapping Therapy is far from woo-woo. We’re committed to making this experience feel comfortable and un-weird. We’re not pushing any spiritual beliefs on anyone – it’s all about exploring what’s happening IN your body.
Whats The Difference Between 'Yoni Massage' And 'Yoni Mapping Therapy'?
‘Yoni Massage’ is a term used by many different people to mean many different things.
Some people may offer Yoni Massage as a gentle pelvic healing massage, which can be quite a beautiful experience. Others may use the name ‘Yoni Massage’, but it also involves coaching and whole body massage (which is great too!) Still others may offer a sexual service that is called ‘Yoni Massage’. For other practitioners it’s related to ‘Tantra’.
Basically all we know for sure about ‘Yoni Massage’ is that there’s some kind of massage of the vagina – because all practitioners work differently.
So if you’ve been looking into Yoni Massage – check in with your practitioner about exactly what they’re offering so you’re totally clear. Some Yoni Massage therapists have done different kinds of training, others are self taught. There are some incredible practitioners out there and there are some practitioners to be careful of. Having a nice website with good copywriting, or lots of qualifications and training, doesn’t necessarily guarantee a good practitioner. When choosing a practitioner, it’s important that it feels right to you. If you’re uncertain you could arrange a phone chat with them to find out more.
‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’ – is a specific registered modality taught only to the women on this website as a holistic approach to women’s pelvic wellness. It is registered as a modality by the IICT. Practitioners have completed a rigorous 6 month intensive training program and are held to a high standard of therapy. There is a code of conduct that we abide by, and sessions always follow a certain structure. The focus is not on trying to give you a ‘pleasurable experience’ – but meeting you where you are, and offering you tools and approaches to bring into your daily life to deepen your connection with your pelvic region and your Yoni. We acknowledge and welcome all aspects of women – physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and sexual.
It is by no means a sexual service, but a 3 hour journey of exploration and learning about your unique body and pelvic region.
Please be aware that as this modality gains in popularity, others may use the same or a similar name (Yoni Mapping Therapy) but may not have any official training. There is a wonderful woman in Denmark, Diana Diakova, who offers a service called Yoni Mapping – and trains practitoners. Her methods are powerful and at the same time different to this particular modality.
All women trained professionally in Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method (and registered as Yoni Mapping Therapy practitioners) are listed on this website.
“My personal experience of receiving this work up-levelled my relationship with myself in a big way. It was truly one of the greatest gifts I have given myself.
Booking the appointment, clearing my calendar for that day and walking into that beautifully lit, earthly scented treatment room was actually walking into my own love and willingness to return home.
I felt incredibly safe with Bonnie. She was an absolute angel holding space for me, and now I have my pleasure back in so many ways in life!!
I really can’t recommend this work enough, knowing your body, deepening your connection to yourself and claiming your pleasure is priceless.”Juliette
Why is this type of therapy necessary? Does it really need to be internal?
There many benefits of internal therapeutic pelvic massage – which is now becoming more popular in many different fields. Osteopaths, physiotherapists and pelvic floor specialists often do internal massage for pelvic health and alignment.
Just as with general massage, there are many benefits of receiving internal massage:
- Access to ligaments that can only be touched from the inside
- Release of muscle tension that traditional external massage cannot get to
- Restoration of pelvic organ alignment and balance thus supporting a woman’s pelvic wellness
- Relaxing of pelvic floor muscles allowing effective engagement
- Shifting patterns of ‘compensation’ where specific parts are overworking due to ineffective engagement or held tension in other areas
In our culture, many women are disconnected from their whole pelvic region – mostly due to trauma of some kind, and/or shame.
Trauma, often expressed in the body as tension and experienced by a woman as pain or numbness, can arise from something as simple as having sex without being aroused enough, to something as complex as a difficult birth or sexual abuse/violation.
Underneath the glossy, modern sexual landscape we live in, many of us struggle to understand ourselves as sexual beings. It is rare to meet a woman who truly KNOWS her vagina well.
Massaging and mapping internally allows a woman to meet her yoni. To discover her own creative power source, this part that has often only been experienced as problematic or bothersome (periods), or ‘for’ the purpose of another’s pleasure, or for procreation.
We don’t receive adequate education about our own basic anatomy and sexuality. In fact, we are often given the wrong information – which leaves us confused and unclear.
That’s why having an experienced practitioner gently guide you through an area that may be wildly unfamiliar can be a total revelation.
Internal mapping can give a woman the capacity to answer questions like:
Where do I disconnect from feeling?
Where is there pain and numbness?
Is that area still tender from the operation?
What areas feel nice?
What feels relaxing and peaceful?
How is my pelvic floor?
Is there much tension in there?
What does my cervix feel like?
Where is my A-spot anyway?
Because Yoni Mapping sessions involve whole body massage, it can give a woman the felt experience that her Yoni is connected to the rest of her body – which often things a deep sense of wholeness.
A session also creates the space for a woman to simply receive. Nothing is expected of her, she doesn’t need to perform in any way, she can just relax and discover herself. It sounds so simple, but it’s something few women have ever experienced.
After receiving this kind of session, women often come away with a sense of clarity about what they want in their lives – and what is no longer acceptable.
This could mean being more discerning about who we allow to enter our bodies.
Or desiring to treat our bodies better.
Choosing to have longer foreplay because it feels amazing.
Or taking more time to self-pleasure and explore with curiosity.
Carving out more time for self care practices.
Or taking the leap with that big project.
It’s an empowering embodied experience that can help you feel who you are on a deeper level. It’s about coming home to yourself.
Please note: ‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’ is not a business or legal entity, it is a modality for women’s pelvic wellness. All practitioners of this modality work independently and have received a high standard of training and education. This website is intended as a hub of information about ‘Yoni Mapping Therapy’, pelvic wellness and other topics related to women, our bodies, our sexuality, empowered birth and more. Any resources, content, practices, approaches or exercises given are intended as inspiration only and do not constitute advice of a medical or psychological nature.